Save the Date: March 29th 2016 – M2M Webinar: The Beneplan Cooperative: Strategies and Techniques to Reduce Group Benefit Cost
It is a well-known fact that smaller companies pay higher fees than larger companies when purchasing group benefits for their employees. Hosted by The Beneplan Cooperative, join us to learn about strategies and techniques that larger freight forwarders and shipping lines employ to reduce their group benefits costs. Case studies will be shared of other small and medium-sized freight forwarders who were successful in reducing their premiums over the long term.
Open to all CIFFA Regular and Associate Members
There is a growing trend of freight forwarders joining co-operative buying groups for the purpose of lowering their premiums on group health insurance. The concept is simple: small and medium sized companies have more leverage when they purchase as one group, and CIFFA members have been using this strategy with success since 2010.
This presentation will review all of the strategies to significantly lower costs without reducing coverage:
- Obtaining a refund on the Life Insurance and Long Term Disability benefits if under-utilized
- Obtaining a refund on the health and dental benefits if claims are lower than premiums
- Obtaining refunds on the RST, the applicable sales tax
- Taking advantage of government subsidy programs such as the Ontario Trillium Drug Program or the EI Premium Reduction Program
- Tackling fraud among paramedical, dental and pharmacy claims