New Year Benefits Checklist for Plan Administrators
As we open a new year, it’s a great time to refresh your records with updated information.
Here is a checklist you may find useful as a plan administrator:
- Request a Taxable Benefits report from Beneplan, so that you can add taxable benefit amounts onto T4s.
- Report any salary changes to Beneplan if you have any disability benefits, or if your life insurance is tied to salary (E.x. “100% of Salary”)
- Ask employees to report any life changes:
- New dependents (births, adoptions, etc)
- New spouses (Marriage / Common Law as of 12 months of cohabitation)
- Removing dependents
- Change of address
- Changing beneficiaries
- Change of name
- Spouse lost/added coverage (This affects co-ordination of benefits)
- Remove terminated employees
- Let Beneplan know if you have any employees who are not actively at work due to:
- Sick leave
- Leave of absence
- Layoff (short/long term)
- Any other leaves, outside of vacation and maternity leave
Please email email@example.com with your changes or call 1-800-387-1670 and press 0 for assistance.