March Wellness Tip
Successful Weight Loss Tips
Evelyne Mitskopoulos CNP is our staff nutritionist and Director of Wellness at Beneplan.
The U.S. national Weight Control Registry is a database of men and women who have lost 60 pounds or more and maintained this weight loss for 5 or more years and here are their tips:
- They are all physically active. On average, they accumulate 250 minutes per week of moderate-intensity exercise.
- They all monitor how much food they eat, eating a wide variety of foods, but paying close attention to how much fat is in their diet. Choose healthy fats as they actually aid in weight loss.
- Most of them maintain some type of weight-change chart.
- Most of them weight themselves at least once per week.
- They all eat a healthy breakfast and are very consistent in their exercise patterns.
- Walking was the most common choice of aerobic activity. Walking is the safest, most natural form of light aerobic activity.