Canada Post Lockout – Premium & Claim Considerations
In the event of a Canada Post lockout, here’s what you need to do to ensure your group benefit plan continues to run smoothly:
If you currently mail a cheque to Beneplan, please consider instead one of the following options:
Sign up for Pre-Authorized Chequing.
Send in a Direct Deposit payment.
Courier your cheque using Beneplan’s Purolator or ICS account number.
Please note that we discourage cheques from being mailed at this point because in the event that mail is not delivered during the summer, if premiums are not received on time, the insurer has a right to suspend claims until payment is made.
Sending in Claims
If you or your team currently mail in claims, please consider switching to one of the other alternatives:
Health / Dental
- Use your drug card as much as possible (contact us if you lost yours).
- Send your claims through electronic claim submission over the insurer’s website.
- If you’ve never sent a claim through the website before, please see the instructions below.
- Or, download your insurance company’s mobile app onto your smartphone, for easy submission.
Short Term Disability / Long Term Disability / Life Insurance / Critical Illness
- Please email copies to Beneplan and courier the package of originals to our office.
E-Claim Submission Instructions
If your benefits are with The Co-operators
- Login to your account – if you have never done so, please call 1.800.667.8164 for a password.
- Download the app on iPhone or Android, called ‘Benefits Now.’
If your benefits are with Green Shield Canada
- Login to your account – if you have never done so, please call 1.888.711.1119.
- Download the app for iPhone, Android, or Windows Phone called ‘GSC on the Go.’
If your benefits are with Manulife (Formerly Standard Life)
- Login to your account – if you have never done so, please contact Manulife.